mellomatt comm @ LJ
1. This is a community for the Matt/Mello slash pairing. Gen works are welcome, but all works must feature both Matt and Mello in a central role. Other pairings are allowed, but they cannot take the spotlight. Keep all posts on topic.
2. Be polite at all times. This means no bashing of ANY pairing, flaming, or rudeness. Trolls will be banned at the moderators' discretion.
3. Avoid spamming the community with multiple posts per day or one line posts that do not contribute anything of value.
4. No introductory posts without content. Leaving comments on other peoples' entries is far and away the best way to get to know people, and to get yourself known in the community.
5. The following material is allowed: AMVs, graphics (icons, wallpapers), doujinshi scans, fanart, fanfiction, etc. NO RPG advertisements: there are other communities for that sort of thing.
6. Please put all media behind a cut. More than four icons, graphics larger than 250 pixels square, fanfiction over 300 words. Respect other people's friendslists.
7. Spoilers for important events that happen in the series should also be placed behind a cut. If you're not sure what constitutes a spoiler, assume that it is anything more than basic knowledge about the show and the identities of the two characters involved is a spoiler. Now that Death Note has been licensed, we can expect an influx of new fans who won't necessarily know what happens at the end of the series.
8. Anything that is not 'work-safe' -- that is, of a R rating or higher -- must be locked. In addition to be friendslocked, such material should be placed behind an LJ-cut, with specific warnings in the header.
9. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Plagiarists will get one warning, after which they will be banned. Reposting without permission, even if credit is given, will be counted as plagiarism. This includes artwork from Japanese websites. Please just post a link to the site you have found here.
10. Please spell-check and grammar-check entries before you post them, and try to avoid chatroom slang or netspeak. Remember, what you write is your face on the internet!
11. We recommend you place a header on all of your fanworks, especially art and fiction. Headers should contain information such as the author/artist name, rating, warnings if applicable, and spoilers if any; anything else is optional.
Enforcement works on a three strike basis. You will be given two warnings for a single infraction before you lose posting access for a week or are banned forever, depending on the severity of the infraction (plagiarism and trolling will get you banned forever). Questions and suggestions go here.